Friday, March 28, 2008

Brogity Brogan! (medical update! + stitches)







been so hard watching him struggle with this! His well, I don't know where to begin.... We have been dealing with his "Cerebellar Ataxia" But now the doctors are not so sure this is what is is! I knew that it might be a long recovery but I didn't realize that things like this would come along with this! I have been trying to do fun things this week since the AZ heat is coming back! I have been taking my boys to the park, spending a lot of time out side and best of all SWIMMING!! Me and Amy had a really fun play date at my moms pool and the kids LOVED it! Well, Brogan still has a really hard time balancing! He has been having little episodes where he gets really wobbly again and it is really scary! This normally results in big bumps on his head! He is always getting a new goose egg or scratch on his cute little head! He also has had moments where his lips, hands and feet go blue! Yesterday I took him back to my parents to let him and Vance hang for a little while at the pool! Long story short, Brogan had an "episode", but this time it was a little more serious! He Smashed his face against the cool decking and split open his eyebrow. We lost count counting the stitches because It had to be stitched up on the inside and out! Luckily a plastic surgeon did it so we know it might not look too bad in the long run! He is such a little trooper! I just love him so much! This has been so hard watching him struggle with all this! His neurologist said in an appointment today that he thinks he may be having little seizures, but we will now for sure once they run the test next week! I can't wait for all this to be over! I know it will be soon! As for now, I may just have to put a helmet on the poor little boy! :)

5 comments:

laurice. said...

Oh My Gosh! That makes me so sad! At least it was in his eyebrow so the hair will cover most the scar! I hope they figure this all out soon so you can have so peace of mind...that would drive me crazy not to know exactly what is going on.

Brittney said...

Posey I am sooooo sorry you are having to go through this and Brogan!!!! I dont know if I could handle it honestly. Its a good thing you have family here to help you! I really hope you guys get things figured out fast. Good luck and keep me updated!

Laura said...

That breaks my heart! I can't imagine what you are going through with all the worry. I hope it gets better soon. Watching your child suffer is the worst thing in the world. Things will get resolved, keep up the faith! Love the family pics by the way :)

ilm3ib said...

That is horrible. I am so sorry he hasn't recovered yet... I hope things get better soon! Are you enjoying your new home/ward/neighbors? We're so busy lately with school, T-ball, cub scouts, trips... Time is flying by. I am so behind on posts and pictures. Oh well. Hang in there girl~

wackywilsons said...

First of all, your blog is amazing. I love how you have your family pics posted as a background...I love the light blue and white combo as well...your highlights are also beautiful, what a babe.

I hope that sweet Brogan has a safe and speedy recovery. it is so hard seeing our babies suffer. Just tonight Austin split his lip open and I will see tomorrow if any teeth are loose....yikes...

Keep us posted on his progress.

I HAVE TO!

So I said I would NEVER go private but I have decided to due to trying to expand my business. If you would like to be added to read my blog, leave your email as a comment on any post or email me at poseycowart@gmail.com. I hope to do this within the next couple days. thanks!