Thursday, May 20, 2010

Easter 2010


Easter was perfect this year. David and Steven (2 of Ben's brothers) brought their families to Savannah and we had so much fun with them. Since we were in FREEZING cold in Indiana during Christmas, we told the boys they would get bikes for Easter. (we figured they wouldn't be able to ride them until the snow melted) Well, we had to keep true to our word, so Easter morning was a huge hit at Grandma and Grandma's when they woke up to bikes. It was so cute to see their excitement. They also got coloring books and gardening tool. My mom had sent them an Easter basket full of candy so they were good in that department. I will just let her be the fun Grandma that gives them yummy treats. After we were up and ready, we took a trip to our nephew Jeremy's grave site. He passed away 2 years ago after only a short 3 years on this earth. The boys love talking about him. He is Vance's age so we talk about him quite often. It was nice for the cousins to talk about and remember him on that beautiful Easter Morning. After that we headed to a park for a cook out. The men grilled BBQ chicken and the women kept the kids under control and helped with the egg hunt. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. I am so blessed to be married into this family. They are so good to me and make me feel so welcomed. The kids LOVE spending time with any of their cousins. I can't wait until we have another family gathering!

My Nieces, Alexis Jilly and Emma. Emma was just adopted by David and Joy and she has been such a sweet little addition to this family.
Grandma and Grandpa with about 1/5 of their grandkids at Jeremy's Grave site
Remembering their cousin Jeremy
SOOOOOOO excited!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Posey you are such a good mama, and I love to read your blog. Grey has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen on a baby.

wackywilsons said...

Their twin bikes are super cute. Fun to see your great photography again...you have such a talent!

I HAVE TO!

So I said I would NEVER go private but I have decided to due to trying to expand my business. If you would like to be added to read my blog, leave your email as a comment on any post or email me at poseycowart@gmail.com. I hope to do this within the next couple days. thanks!