Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Terrible Scare


NOTHING is more painful than watching your child in pain. Our sweet Grey has proven to us that he has many allergies. We have known for a while that he is allergic to Mosquitos and Shell fish, but nothing could have prepared me for this last trip to the ER. We woke up one morning to Grey (who is usally a very happy camper in the morning) Very upset. His whole body was covered in hives.... The worst case I have ever seen. (The picture above is after multiple doses of Benadryl). Honestly, I had no idea what it was because it looked so bad. I thought for sure he had some terrible disease or something. The Dr knew right away that it was hives. He gave us 2 rx's and sent us on our way. We kept him on Benadryl every 4 hours and COVERED him in anti-itch meds. It lasted for 3 days, peaking and subsiding. We have NO IDEA what has caused this break out. We will be at the allergist soon to find out what it is. Hopefully I can keep him protected til we get to the bottom of it. It is so hard watching him suffer. I love my kids so much and whenever they are sick I just wish more than anything I could take it away from them. They hives are gone for now, only to reveal the poor scratch marks he has left from his constant scratching.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

I HAVE TO!

So I said I would NEVER go private but I have decided to due to trying to expand my business. If you would like to be added to read my blog, leave your email as a comment on any post or email me at poseycowart@gmail.com. I hope to do this within the next couple days. thanks!